Mary Ellen Podmolik wrote a helpful job-search article in today’s Chicago Tribune that is must reading for anyone seeking employment. There will be fewer PR job openings this year so it is unlikely that all of the nearly 8,000 new PR grads will be able to land in the profession. That makes Mary Ellen’s advice to consider jobs outside your field even more important. Remember, it’s always easier to look for just-the-right job from a job.
The following five tips for a job hunt apply to anyone seeking employment:
1. Make finding a job your new job.
2. Tell everybody you’re job hunting.
3. Search online but also press the flesh.
4. Consider jobs outside your field.
5. During phone interviews, stand up to project more energy.